DUSTAN, JOANNA, SOPHIE, LILY & MAGGIE

Friday, March 29, 2013

A kitty cat

Where we live there are a lot of "neighborhood" cats that roam from house to house scavenging for food.  Well, about a year ago one showed up that was just precious.  Sophie was in love, but Dustan is deathly allergic to cats, so we just enjoyed her random company until about 1 and a half months ago when Tom cats started coming around. (Every body can say UH OH together).  Needless to say about two weeks ago I started noticing a tummy on the very small cat, and felt I needed to "do" something.  After talking to some friends who have a lot more experience in the cat department, i call the vet yesterday, to see what to do, what could I do? They said if she let me pick her up (the cat) just put her in a carrier and bring her to them, they would handle it from there.  Let me tell ya'll, I have never even picked up a cat, much less tried to put it in something, and Of course we don't own a carrier. So, I thought "I do have diaper boxes that are pretty big".  So gloves, a taping gun, diaper box, old beach towel, and oh ya, my husbands GA from work, they had stopped by for lunch, and Josh wanted to help.  My husband and two girls are on our porch watching, and Josh and I head across the street to do battle.  That cat was the most friendly unsuspecting thing.  She let me pick her up and place her right inside that box.  Josh had the tape out, and closed it up faster than lightening:). Those Gater Hunters ain't got nothing on us (or maybe she was just a friendly cat).  We drove over to the Vet's clinic, and handed her over.  The whole car ride you could hear the most pitiful "meow", followed by Sophie saying "its o.k. Kitty Cat, It's OHHHHH K".  After we gave her to the front desk, I got back in the car to tears and wanting to know where the Kitty Cat was.  We didn't stop crying til we were home in bed for nap.
I am proud to say I got that cat to a place that can care for her, but I will miss her, and I think it is safe to say so will Sophie.

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope you can find out how "kitty cat" and babies are doing! Hugs.....Mom/Nana :)

    ReplyDelete